An exciting Part Time role has opened up in the Walshs Bookkeeping Team to provide bookkeeping support for BAS & IAS preparation services to our valued clients. This is a unique opportunity to join a team within a rapidly growing and innovative CBD Financial Services and Accounting firm with team player attitudes in a supportive environment. Our team strives towards professionalism, reliability, and building trust in our day-to-day interactions with our team and clients.
The role is part-time - 3 days per week.
What you need:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ proven experience as a bookkeeper
- Certificate IV in Bookkeeping, preferred but not essential for application
- Current working experience in Xero
- Hubdoc knowledge would be an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of BAS and IAS reporting.
- Experience accessing and use of the ATO portal
- Experienced in Xero payroll processing and STP
- Understanding of Superannuation
- Medical Practice knowledge or experience highly regarded, but not essential for application
- Multitasking across several jobs and prioritising as necessary
- Have a drive to learn and progress your skills to take on more complex work as you become more experienced
- Exceptional communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Willingly asking questions and seeking feedback
- Knowledge and understanding in Profit and Loss reporting
- Passionate about bookkeeping, and client service focus to help businesses grow.
- Proactive and positive outlook
- Display initiative and ‘think out side of the box’
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team. Skilled in being a flexible team player and desire to work in a team environment to achieve common objectives.
Walshs are a fully integrated accounting and financial services firm, located in the Brisbane CBD. Walshs Practice has existed within the industry for 30 years and it is our purpose to guide and inspire our clients to financial success, through the management, protection and growth of their wealth.
The office culture is one of accountability, innovation and excellence with a focus on team work. If you join the team at Walshs Practice you will have access to a health and fitness benefit, team building activities, leadership training and opportunities to grow professionally and personally. As a team member you would be expected to exhibit and align with the Walshs staff values, which are:
- Client Focused
- Team Player
If you are interested in the role, have the required experience, and our company mission and values fit with you please submit your resume and cover letter.